Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back to class

Back at the 9:30 class today after taking a 3 day break. The break started with a case of sore joints and ended up a good head clearing. I was lucky to spend 2 of the three days hearing the Dalai Lama Speak, chatting with friends from home, walking around and exploring my new city, reading an awesome book so all-in-all, time well spent.
So heres what I've learned. Have some compassion for yourself! I don't always have to be in motion. If my body is telling me to take a break do it! I also know I am on the right track with Yoga, it keeps me healthy and mentally clear. Right now it's truly the one thing I see clearly as mine.

The Dali Lama was asked the Question "what is the one Buddhist principal  every student should start with?"
His answer was " They should start with a clear understanding of Buddhism, they should study, and make sure they understand what it is. If they claim to be a Buddhist before they do this then it will not last. It will only be Fashion"

I take this to heart knowing I want to be a Yogi, but for now, I am studying this discipline at a deeper level. Kind of like I'm studying myself, and making sure it's truly me and not just my new fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment